I’ve been so busy over at MomsLA.com that I’ve hardly had time to post on YvonneinLA. I’m going to refresh the site a little and start posting here again. In the meantime you can check out some posts I’ve had on LatinaMom.me, Babble, and MomsLA.
- I am currently in Mesa Verde National park on the American Latino Expedition. Here’s a little information about that. “The American Latino Expedition and 10 National Parks That are Great for Families.“
- My family, “The Condes Campers,” went to REI to get outfitted for our trip. It was spectacular. “Santa Monica REI; Perfect for the Outdoor Family.”
- Speaking of the outdoors, our family went on a fantastic vacation to Seattle and Alaska. Here’s what I had to say about our Seattle Vacation and here’s a little something about “6 Tips for Staying Healthy on a Cruise.”
- Did you get the Amber Alert? “Amber Alert Might Be Annoying But Child Abduction is Way Worse.”
- My boys stayed at my inlaws for a week while they went to camp. “What I Learned About Marriage While My Kids Were At Camp.”
- Thanks to the Supreme Court my sister got legally married! “My Sister is Gay and Getting Legally Married.”
- So what did you think of Devious Maids? “Left with Mixed Feelings Over ‘Devious Maids.'”
- 11-year-old Sebastien de la Cruz made the news this summer when he sang the national anthem at the NBA Finals game in San Antonio. Sadly, people said horrible things about him on Twitter calling him “wetback,” “illegal” and more. Here’s my response on LatinaMom.me, “What Latino Families Can Learn From Sebatien de la Cruz.”
- I was feeling nostalgic so I wrote this post for Babble, “6 Things That Might Surprise You About Pregnancy.”
- There’s nothing better than get-together food. Here are “5 Tips for Eating Healthy at a Barbecue.”
- Is it worth getting a babysitter? Here are a few LA restaurants that might be “Dating My Husband; An Exploration of Los Angeles Restaurants.”
- Looking for a place to take the kids hiking in LA. Check out “5 Best Hikes in Los Angeles for Kids.”
- Asthma is a big problem for many Latino Families. Here’s some information in my post, “Latino Kids and Asthma.”
- We do a lot outdoors so for Father’s Day I shared “11 Gifts for the Outdoor Dad” on Babble.