Things have been very busy over at MomsLA.com where I am editor and cofounder. I haven’t been posting as much at YvonneInLA, something that I hope will change in 2012, but I have been posting other places. For example:
- I had a fascinating evening at the opening of We Art the 99% at the Latino Museum. The art is a collection of paintings, sculpture, and drawings that protesters worked on during their 2 months at the OccupyLA encampment. I wrote about it for CBS Los Angeles, Best of LA section.
- My husband was diagnosed with Celiac Disease10 years ago last month. I talked about how he was diagnosed and how it changed our lives on MomsLA.com.
- The Wasserman Foundation gave LAUSD $4 million in the form of Donors Choose gift cards. The cards are worth $15 and must be spent on classroom projects. To learn more check out my story on MomsLA.com
- I had the amazing opportunity to go to the TEDxWomen conference, which I wrote about on Technorati.com and posted here as well. But before the sessions started I was thrilled to be able to interview Debbie Reynolds, who was charming and fabulous.
- Recently, my MomsLA colleague and I were fortunate enough to get a tour of the set of Happy Endings and interview the cast. Here’s the first interview with Casey Wilson who plays Penny.