A friend just asked me for my pie dough recipe and I thought I would share it here. I use it for everything and most people don’t know that it’s gluten free. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 2 ½ cups gf flour mix – Trader Joe’s or Bob’s Baking Mix with blue label
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Add butter and combine with fingertips or pastry cutter until clumps form.
- Add 5 tablespoons ice water and mix lightly with fork until dough holds together.
- Form dough into two equals portions then form into ball. Wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper when ready to bake.
- Dough can be made ahead of time and frozen.
Tagged: gluten-free pie crust