We decided to stay in and watch the Oscars on Sunday so I made a roast chicken with rainbow carrots and broccoli on the side. It seemed wrong not to follow a lovely dinner like that with a special dessert. I had a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake mix and a couple of lemons and came up with this delightful lemon bundt cake. It was easy and delicious.
Easy Gluten Free Lemon Cake
- 1 whole package Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon Juice
- milk or milk substitute
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside. In medium size bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon zest and the package of cake mix. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs for 30 seconds on high. Add the cake mix, oil, and buttermilk for 60 seconds, scraping the bowl as you go. Pour the cake mix into the bundt pan making sure the top is level.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. When it’s done, let cool for about 15 minutes and then flip over onto a cooking rack.
- In a small bowl, combine about 1 cup powdered sugar, juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon and stir. If it’s too thick, add more lemon juice or milk substitute until achieving the desired taste. (I like it very lemony so I use the entire lemon.) The glaze should be thick, but pourable. When the cake is completely cooled, drizzle lemon glaze over the top.