Dear Husband, Who Needs Jennifer Lopez?

ryan seacrest american idol party
ryan seacrest american idol party

Ryan Seacrest at the American Idol party at The Grove (photo by Sarah Auerswald, Ryan Seacrest’s new bff)

Dear Husband,

Today is your birthday and I want you to know how much I love you.  As I sit and watch live video of Ryan Seacrest joking around with my friends, I know I made the right decision to stay home with you. It’s your day, your very special day.

I know that it’s very unlikely that Jennifer Lopez will show up at the American Idol party at the Grove, which is I confess is one of my favorite places in Los Angeles (celebrities, clothes, donuts!). It’s just a screening of the show, there won’t be any contestants and no judges. No JLo. No beautiful JLo, in the champagne dress, hair pulled back, diamond hoops. No, no.

Wait, there she is on twitter. It says “JLo was gorgeous!” And yes, she is gorgeous. I can see that from the tiny picture on Twitter. The teeny tiny picture of the larger than life star. My favorite star. Did I mention that? That I love Jennifer Lopez oh so much.

But I digress. It’s your birthday and sitting here on the couch with you side by side with our laptops is way better than eating gourmet food and champagne. Better than meeting all of the contestants for the new season.

Actually, it truly is. While it would have been fun to have a few seconds with Jennifer Lopez, I would definitely pick an evening with you.

3/1/2012

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: ,

Comments: 7

1. Laura Filipowicz March 7, 2012 at 4:49 am Reply

How cool :)

2. Jamie March 7, 2012 at 4:51 am Reply

LOL! That is so funny.

She is gorgeous in person. Seriously, I want to know who is responsible for her skin. It may not be injections, but I am not buying that it is all good genes. I want to know what products and treatments are going on that gorgeous face of hers.

3. Adrienne March 7, 2012 at 5:01 am Reply

J Lo is so over rated. Happy Birthday hubby!

4. Jeannine March 7, 2012 at 5:08 am Reply

so sweet and I know the feeling – sometimes the ‘boring’ night at home with the ones we love is really enough

5. Caryn B March 7, 2012 at 5:24 am Reply

What a lovely post Yvonne. Yes, that sounds much much better : ) XOXO

6. Deborah Stambler March 7, 2012 at 5:30 am Reply

Happy Birthday to your husband. Enjoy the evening together. I bet JLo would be jealous.

7. natalie March 7, 2012 at 6:20 am Reply

ok! here is the deal!!!! I think you saw my JLO photo.. I am happy to email it to you:) and while yes she is gorgeous in person… its not like we became BFF and are going to have coffee… in the end I saw her from a distance we had a second with each other… and she is just a talented celebrity… your darling husband is worth it 10 times more!!! with that said… ! hehehe keep this evening in your back pocket when you really need a get out of jail free card:)