Sometimes it’s better to wait. Take the gift I got my parents for Christmas this year. When I started thinking about getting them the Blu-Ray DVD player with the ability to play Netflix, it was $129 at Best Buy. I never got around to going to the store when I was visiting them in Tucson so I had my husband order it online. On Sunday night (and today), it was $89 and it’s going to get there before Christmas!
My new plan for the holidays is to wait until the very last minute! No starting to search for the perfect gift in early November. I’m waiting for the real discounts. Here are some good deals on things I love that will get to you before Christmas if you act fast. And if you don’t mind waiting until after Christmas, I’m giving away a Kinect!
- My sister has the Insignia DVD Player with WiFi Built in Blu Ray Disc Player and recommended it for our parents. It’s $40 off in stores and online right now so hurry.
- My favorite new cookbook is Fresh Mexico: 100 Simple Recipes for True Mexican Flavor. I love it because the recipes are very tasty and easy to follow. Barnes and Noble is selling it for $13.95 and if you order more than $100 of “qualifying” items today (Dec. 21) shipping is free and you can get it by Christmas.
- Lucy is my favorite place to buy running and casual clothes and if you order by the 22nd you can get free overnight shipping on orders of $125 or more. There are a lot of items on sale, too, including this coolmax long sleeve shirt that’s perfect for layering on a long run. I do love my running pants from Lucy, but my absolute favorite thing I bought from there was this adorable Gal Pal’s Retro Ice Pack. Unfortunately, I use it often.
- If you’re looking for a little something delightful for yourself, Anthropologie has 25 percent off sale items and if you order more than $75 worth of items by Dec. 22, the shipping is free and guaranteed by Christmas Eve. I would buy this little number if I were getting something for myself.
- My kids played Epic Mickey once at the Disney Holiday Event in early November and they’ve talked about it every day since (it helps that there’s a billboard right next to my younger son’s school). Personally, I love Mickey Mouse and can’t wait to play it. I bought it at Costco for a discount, but if you don’t have a membership you can order it on Amazon for $43.99. Shipping to get it by Christmas might be a bit much, but it’s pretty awesome.
- If you’re a true procrastinator and you live in California, you can give the gift of a picture and tell your kids, husband, or girlfriend that their fabulous present is on the way. I just received a Kinect for Xbox from Xbox*, but my husband already bought one. I’m giving away our Kinect to someone who lives in California. I won’t be able to mail it until next week so you can enter once until Christmas Day. Just leave a comment below with your contact information and I’ll pick a winner through Ramdom.org. I’ll announce the winner on Dec. 26. Good luck!
*The Kinect is for Xbox so you need to already have an Xbox. You must live in California or have a California mailing address to enter.
Silvia, thank you for being such a great procrastinator! You are the winner! I will contact you with the details.
Tagged: Kinect giveaway